I wanted to share a gem of a recipe that we adapted from some other recipes. Tonight we were debating what to eat and we really like a pasta dish that we vary. We particularly like a broccoli ball recipe we got of another website called Vegan Rich. I highly recommend this because it is very good and very nutritious. However making the broccoli balls is somewhat time-consuming. Option number two is sauteing asparagus and then adding pasta sauce to the asparagus when done.
Well not having fresh asparagus tonight I am going to try a mix of the two recipes.
- 1 head of broccoli with florets cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 box of Organic Red Lentil Penne Pasta (Explore Cuisine) purchased from Costco
- 1 jar of Kirkland Organic Marinara Sauce (2lb) from Costco.
- Add oil to pan and saute chopped onions in large pan until the onions are soft and translucent
- Add garlic and saute for one minute
- Add broccoli and saute until done
- Add Marinara sauce and warm the sauce letting the flavors blend.
- Don’t forget to cook the pasta.
We love this recipe with asparagus and I’m sure it will work great with broccoli.
I will add pictures later.
Got to the front page here.